Clever Crow Games
Based in Denver, Colorado
Press / Business contact:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night meets Dragon Age: Origins in this choice driven dark fantasy RPG. Play as Coal, a misfit dragon who wants to be a knight. The game is primarily being created by a husband and wife game studio. Currently we're actively developing for Mac, Windows, Linux and the game will be DRM-Free. With a primary focus on Steam.
A Dragon Named Coal started with the idea of a handicaped dragon who wants to be a knight. Bullied and rejected from dragon society, he becomes a monster hunting his own kind.
Semi-autobiography, the game draws heavily from founders Rachel and Ash Blue's experiences. Particularly growing up in broken homes and dealing with severe bullying in public schools. These themes bleed into every aspect of the game, from the design and aesthetic, to mechanics.
- Explore a choice driven dark fantasy world in an action platformer RPG as a misfit dragon
- Upgrade your skills and gear by plundering the remains of ancient civilizations
- Flexible companion system that change based upon your choices after a time skip
- Plunder massive isolated ruins filled with lore and breathtaking pixel art
- Roughly 15 hours per playthrough
Trailer #1 YouTube
A Dragon Named Coal - Pre-Alpha Walkthrough YouTube
There are far more images available for A Dragon Named Coal, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
- "A Dragon Named Coal combines all the best bits of Castlevania, Thomas Was Alone and Dragon Age into a charming pixel art metroidvania action RPG... A Dragon Named Coal feels a little bit special."
- FreakOrama, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "...a large and sweeping tale of adventure."
- David Jagneaux, The Koalition
- "...an ambitious title."
- Chris Priestman, Siliconera
Our Pre-Alpha demo has a 4.5/5 rating on GameJolt gamejolt.com.
Quarterly newsletter for A Dragon Named Coal. If you work for the press, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to an exclusive mailing list for press only eepurl.com.
About Clever Crow Games
Our goal is to create RPG’s with meaningful story focused on character development. The concept for "A Dragon Named Coal" was conceived in late 2013.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Co-Founder, Lead Artist, Writer
Co-Founder, Lead Developer, Writer
All Team Members